Access key links:
The earliest parts of the Church of England parish church of Saint Mary the Virgin date from the 13th century. It was begun by monks from the Abbey of Bec, an important Benedictine abbey in Normandy. The interior comprises a wide nave with two aisles separated by transitional Norman arcades with carved capitals and a chancel. The church is thought to remain substantially as it was in 1500, although some records state that there was a spire on top of the tower until violent storm in 1727 blew it down. The tower has a single-handed turret clock, part of which was made about 1699.
St. Mary's church has a very thorough, well maintained website containing copious information about the church and the activities therein. Please link to St. Mary's from the bottom of this page for further details.
The Rev'd Canon Ian Cohen
58 Brinkinfield Rd